- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Interpretive Guide
- Nom de l’organisme : Lac La Biche Mission Historical Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Lac La Biche, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-18 à 2017-08-31 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
Do you enjoy learning about history and working with the public? If so, this job is for you. The Lac La Biche Mission Historical Society is looking for an energetic individual to fill a summer job as an Interpretive Guide at the Lac La Biche Mission Historical Site.
The Lac La Biche Mission is situated on the scenic shores of Lac La Biche lake in the county of Lac La Biche (67453 Mission Road) in northeastern Alberta. The site is located 11km west of the hamlet of Lac La Biche and approximately 250 km NE of the city of Edmonton Alberta. The municipality of Lac La Biche is comprised of approximately 10,000 people. The region is known for it many beautiful lakes, wildlife, outdoor activities, and summer events.
Established in 1853, the Lac La Biche Mission became part of a vast river and land transportation network, and was an important centre for First Nations, Metis, Francophones, and Anglophones trading goods and as a stopover for travelers heading north. Today this National and Provincial Historic Site consists of several historical buildings which house museum exhibits and collections, a visitor centre, archives, gift shop, grotto, and more. Every year the Lac La Biche Mission Historical Site hosts the Canada Day Celebration for the area. For more information about the site, check out our website at www.laclabichemission.com.
As an Interpretive Guide you will provide guided tours of the site sharing information about the site and local history with our visitors. You will also be provided with an opportunity to work on special projects relating to displays/exhibits being developed for the site. You may also be assigned tasks relating to archiving, sales, special events, site beautification/cleanliness, filing, updating our website, and social media.
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- Fluent in French and English. Fluency in the Cree language would also be an asset
- Have post-secondary education in museums, heritage fields and/or education (preferred)
- Have an interest in Alberta history and a strong desire to learn about cultural industries
- Willingness to provide interesting and thought-provoking tours of the site for all ages and groups
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent public speaking skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public
- Computer skills such as a good working knowledge of Office
- Knowledge of website design and social media an asset
- Be willing to perform other duties related to archiving, exhibit development, sales, site beautification and cleanliness, and filing
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Driver's Licence and transportation to the worksite required
Candidates are to send their resumes via e-mail to email@example.com. Application deadline is May 1, 2017.
For additional information, contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-623-3274.
Retour à la recherche