Heritage Interpretive Tour Guide
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Heritage Interpretive Tour Guide
- Nom de l’organisme : Exchange District BIZ
- Lieu de l’emploi : Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-05-15 à 2018-08-07 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
The Exchange District Buisness Improvement Zone (BIZ) is a non-profit organization providing programs and services in the Exchange District in the areas of marketing, special events, safety, and maintenance. The Exchange District is a 30 block neighbourhood that is recognized as a National Historic Site. Our mission is to champion the unique character of the district, and create a safe, clean, and thriving environment for business.
We are seeking two Heritage Interpretive Tour Guides, who will be responsible for the delivery of the Exchange District Walking Tour Program. In 2017, over 2,600 individuals participated in the program and we launched two new tours: a pub crawl and a Canada 150 Tour that focused on Metis histories in the area. We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team in 2018.
The successful applicants will be expected to have the following skills:
- Ability to work and deliver tours with minimal supervision
- Strong public speaking skills. Guides will be expected to deliver interesting and engaging historic tours, interact positively with fellow employees and the general public, and be capable of handling any distractions that can occur when giving tours in an urban setting.
- Strong reading comprehension skills. Guides will need to learn up to 8 tour scripts and be able to deliver these tours to guests for the duration of the tour season.
- Willing and able to deliver walking tours outdoors for extended periods of time (up to 4 hours).
Fluency in French is considered an asset, as is a background in theater or history.
FULL TERM: April 16th-August 31st, 2018.
37.5 hours per week. Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend work.
Application Deadline: March 26th, 2018.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only persons accepted for an interview will be contacted.
Retour à la recherche