Guest Services Representative
- Volet de programme : Langues et travail (6-8 semaines)
- Titre de l'emploi : Guest Services Representative
- Nom de l’organisme : Ocean Wise
- Lieu de l’emploi : Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-25 à 2018-08-10 (7 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 12,65 $
The Vancouver Aquarium, an Ocean Wise initiative, is a globally recognized leader in connecting people to our natural world. As a not-for-profit organization, our team contributes to meaningful work that matters. We take pride in the steps we take towards conserving aquatic life every day. Our focus on engaging visitors, connecting students, facilitating direct action and understanding the world around us contributes to protecting our world’s oceans
The Guest Service Representative is a challenging and rewarding role for a highly energetic and team-oriented individual who is interested in experiencing the fast-paced and diverse industry of tourism and hospitality. This position is a part of the Visitor Experience Team and delivers an exceptional visitor experience for British Columbia’s #1 International Tourist Attraction. The Guest Service Representative greets visitors, sell day tickets, memberships and animal encounters, responds to questions and communicates information about the Aquarium.
Positively represents the Vancouver Aquarium through exceptional service by:
• Enthusiastically meeting and greeting members, the general public, self-directed groups, commercial groups, and community program participants;
• Politely and professionally responding to questions from visitors about the Aquarium, Stanley Park and other places of interest to tourists and residents;
• Confidently communicating information about the facility, exhibits and events;
• Monitoring the gates and admissions, checking receipts and stamps for re-entry of visitors.
Efficiently processes admission, group and/or membership sales into the Point-Of-Sale system by:
• Correctly verifying memberships through the database system and completes registration form;
• Quickly and accurately recording attendance, applying coupons, generating tickets, and receiving payment.
Successfully supports the Vancouver Aquarium by:
• Supporting Visitor Experience programs such as 4D Theatre, changing Exhibits, Guest Services desk, and Surveys;
• Processing Behind the Scene Tours and Encounters and souvenir photos;
• Meeting the selling targets for Aquarium Programs such as SOS Donations.
Consciously desires to improve the Vancouver Aquarium and its processes by:
• Promptly aiding in Emergency and Security protocols;
• Maintaining organizational safety standards;
• Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations through support of our Environmental Management System (EMS) protocols;
• Completing the daily tasks as assigned by Guest Services Leads and the Admissions, Assistant Manager;
• Performs additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
• Some cash handling experience;
• Related cash register and computer skills;
• Retail, tourism or related experience.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Positive attitude;
• Accuracy, precision and attention to detail;
• Ability to work well in a team environment;
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Ability to learn and adapt in a constantly changing environment;
• Ability and maturity to deal with a wide variety of ages and personalities;
• Ability to handle a cash register and a computer based Point of Sale system;
• A second language is an asset.
• Standing and operating a Point of Sale database for extended periods;
• The ability to safety reach, stretch and bend on a regular basis;
• The ability to safely carrying loads up to 30lbs or 14 kg at a time;
• The ability to stand in galleries for extended periods;
• Job constantly involves listening and reacting to requests for information;
• Concentration is required when greeting visitors, answering questions and receiving payments simultaneously;
• Potential exposure to upset people in which problem solving will be required;
• Flexibility of work schedule is required. Must be available to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Open availability is highly preferable.
• Must attend Guest Services Representative training and maintain professional appearances while wearing the uniform to perfection.
Retour à la recherche