- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Archives Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Halifax Municipal Archives
- Lieu de l’emploi : Halifax, Nouvelle-Écosse
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-07-02 à 2019-03-15 (20 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
Archival studies graduates seeking in-depth professional experience are invited to apply to the Halifax Municipal Archives’ Young Canada Works Internships (3 positions), within the Corporate Information Management unit.
We encourage applications from graduates who meet the Young Canada Works eligibility requirements, especially qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
The Archives Intern will contribute to projects which will offer experience in the full range of archival functions with a focus on: description, preservation, reference, and on-line accessibility. It will also be an opportunity to develop more general skills that are key to advancement in a professional career, including time management, project management, policy development and communication, interacting with stakeholders and working collaboratively with other heritage and information professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Description and Preservation: select and process significant historical photographs, documents, audio-visual material, maps and plans for archival preservation and access.
• Reference: provide reference and reproduction services to the public.
• Discovery: prepare on-line exhibits and social media postings to promote access to Archives` holdings
Graduates must meet Young Canada Work's (YCW) eligibility requirements:
• are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job while employed with YCW;
• are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
• have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
Candidates are required to:
• have graduated from an archival studies or an information/library studies program with courses in archives, or experience working in archives
• be familiar entering data into complex databases and excel spreadsheet and on-line searching
• have knowledge of care and handling of archival records
• have attention to detail, good time management skills and excellent oral and written communication skills, especially web-based
Reference, research, description according to the Rules of Archival Description, and digitization experience and familiarity with copyright and privacy legislation would be assets for candidates.
Achievement Motivation; Communication; Continuous Learning; Customer Service; Initiative; Organization and Planning; Valuing Diversity.
WORK STATUS: Temporary, full-time, 20 weeks.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Monday to Friday.
SALARY: Non-union: $18.00 per hour + 4% vacation pay
WORK LOCATION: 81 Ilsley Ave., Unit 11, Dartmouth, NS
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Criminal Records Check is required. This position will have access to and/or knowledge of confidential information therefore incumbent will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to TBA.
Apply online at: http://www.halifax.ca/employment/index.php Search Openings for “Archives Intern” (Position # 78621315)
Retour à la recherche