Summer Student @ Fryfogel Tavern
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Summer Student @ Fryfogel Tavern
- Nom de l’organisme : Stratford Perth Heritage Foundation
- Lieu de l’emploi : Shakespeare, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-18 à 2018-08-25 (10 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
The Stratford Perth Heritage Foundation is looking for two summer students to work at Fryfogel Tavern just east of Shakespeare, ON, from June 18th to August 25th for 30 hours a week.
The tasks and responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
• Opening and closing the facility
• Assist in general administrative tasks, research projects, and/or site planning
• Accept, archive and document donations and artifacts
• Report visitor and staff concerns to supervisors
• Maintain daily admission records
• Attend, participate and complete training provided
• Act as the first point of contact for visitor health and safety and possible first aid
• Assist in preparing tavern and property for being open to public
• Ensure the site is secure and safe for visitors
• Minor tavern and ground keeping to ensure cleanliness and safety
• Greet and interact with facility visitors in a friendly manner
• Provide high-level customer service to members of the public
• Direct visitors around the historical site while interpreting the property/ arboretum and local history
• Develop and deliver programming for groups based on tavern, arboretum, and local history
• Prepare and gather supplies needed for programming
• Assist in developing summer exhibits based on Canada’s 150th, local artists and the tavern’s
• significance to local and national history
• Assist in planning and execution of public summer event based on Canada’s 150th
• Provide programming for clients
• Advocate for local tourist spots and activities in the immediate rural area
• Perform other duties as assigned
Employees must have reliable transportation.
Students must be continuing their full-time education in September 2018.
First Aid and CRP training is an asset but not required.
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posting will close June 4th, 2018.
Retour à la recherche