Assistant Curator of Engagement
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Assistant Curator of Engagement
- Nom de l’organisme : Campbell River Art Gallery
- Lieu de l’emploi : Campbell River, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-18 à 2019-01-04 (28,57 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
ASSISTANT CURATOR OF ENGAGEMENT (YCW)
Location: Campbell River Art Gallery, 1235 Shoppers Row, Campbell River, BC, V9W 2C7
Length of assignment (subject to change): Tuesday to Friday, 30 hrs per week x 29 weeks
Campbell River Art Gallery wishes to hire a recent graduate for the position of Assistant Curator of Engagement. Campbell River Art Gallery is a contemporary art gallery located on Vancouver Island, BC consisting of a Main Gallery and four Satellite Cases for exhibition, a studio for classes, and a gift shop featuring fine arts and craft. Our annual programming includes eight contemporary art exhibitions, which run in concert with our educational programming and special events. This position will assist the Curator of Contemporary Art in ddetermining alongside the Curator of Contemporary Art, the narrative for the guided tour and other outreach activities for the contemporary art exhibition program and related events; Devises research projects and pop-up activities and workshops; Experience in techniques of museum education and engagement; Increased knowledge of under-represented communities and their needs.
Working alongside the Curator of Contemporary Art, the Assistant Curator of Engagement will assist with the following five projects:
1. Free lunchtime weekly-guided tours over 28 weeks;
2. Co-curation of a Community Engagement Exhibition Project;
3. Development of artist-led workshops in our Studio Space for all six contemporary art exhibitions;
4. Development and delivery of outdoor pop-up activities during the summer months for children, youth, families and tourists (eg: Canada Day, Aboriginal Day, Pride Day…);
5. Development and delivery of School Tours for six contemporary art exhibitions that match curriculum objectives set out by the Province of British Columbia.
Assistant Curator of Engagement applicants will have a background and/or specifc interest in contemporary art.
Degree in Art History, Curatorial Studies, Museum Studies or a related discipline;
Broad knowledge of contemporary art and artists in Canada and beyond.
Flexible hours are required from time to time in support of Gallery public events.
Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Good visual acuity and aesthetic judgment abilities;
Ability to work in a team environment;
Interpersonal skills, combined with the capability to inspire others;
Time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Public speaking, research skills, coordination and logistics training, understanding of the techniques related to contemporary art practice
This is a Young Canada Works (YCW) Graduate Internship Position. You are eligible to apply if you:
Are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada. (Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
Are legally entitled to work in Canada;
Are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
Are registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory;
Are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment; (applicants with disabilities are permitted to work part-time if required)
Do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW.
All interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CRAG champions and empowers people of all abilities, and fosters an environment of inclusivity and collaboration.
SALARY AND HOURS
This full-time, 30 hours per week, 29-week internship position is from June 18 2018 - January 4, 2019. Hourly rate of pay is $18/hr. Applicants with disabilities may request a reduced schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV or resume and a brief letter of interest summarizing:
1) Your related qualifications
2) If you meet any of the priority criteria (optional)
To: Vicky Chainey Gagnon, Executive Director & Chief Curator
Campbell River Art Gallery
1235 Shoppers Row, Campbell River, BC, V9W 2C7
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be screened based on information provided. Please ensure you include all relevant details about your qualifications for this position.
Retour à la recherche