- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Distribution Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC)
- Lieu de l’emploi : Toronto, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-04 à 2018-12-14 (28 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
CFMDC Distribution Assistant Intern
Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre (CFMDC) seeks a Distribution Assistant Intern. As Canada's foremost not-for-profit distribution organization, we are dedicated to securing the availability and promoting the visibility of independent media art works. Since 1967, CFMDC has been a critical source for programmers, institutions, festivals, educators and museums around the world. Based in downtown Toronto with over 4000 film titles in our collection, CFMDC is committed to its role as an advocate for the dissemination of independent visions. The Distribution Assistant Intern will work collaboratively with CFMDC's Executive Director, Board of Directors and staff team members.
Inspecting and reviewing elements of the CFMDC film and video collection
Assisting with database and record keeping
Assisting with media migration, digitization, and website maintenance
Assisting with other media distribution related tasks
Well organized, with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work in a co-operative environment committed to equity and non-discrimination
Proficiency with Macintosh computers, database and design software
University or College degree in Media, Museum Or Library Studies, and/or education relating to arts management.
This is a 30 hour a week contract position. $15.00/hour. Funding requires the applicant to be:
* a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
* are legally entitled to work in Canada;
* will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
* are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
* will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week**) while employed with YCW;
* are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
* are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
* are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
* have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
**Note: Interns with a disability are eligible for part-time work in Canada only.
* Must be registered in the YCW candidate inventory (www.youngcanadaworks.gc.ca)
* Must be available to start work June 4, 2018 and work for the duration of the 28 week contract to December 14, 2018.
Retour à la recherche