- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Curatorial Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : FOFA Gallery
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montreal, Québec / Mexico
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-18 à 2019-03-25 (40 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
The FOFA Gallery at Concordia University, in partnership with SOMA in Mexico City, seeks a Curatorial
Intern. This is a 30-hour per week, temporary internship that runs from June 2018 to March 2019.
The first half of the internship will take place at SOMA in Mexico City. The second half will take place at the FOFA Gallery.
Rate of pay is $16 per hour
The International Curatorial Internship aims to give hands-on curatorial experience to a recent graduate
from a fine arts university program. The internship will bridge two cultural regions through the
development of an exhibition program that will introduce artists from Mexico City to the Montreal cultural
community, working to produce an exhibition at the FOFA Gallery at Concordia University. The curator will
begin the internship at SOMA, a non-profit organization conceived to nurture discussion and exchange in
the field of contemporary art and education in Mexico City. There, they will be immersed in the dynamic
art scene in Mexico while networking with artists and academics from around the world. The intern will act
as a curatorial ambassador to the region by introducing the local artistic community to some of the
practices and research interests from Montreal. In exchange, they will bring back the research produced
during their time in Mexico and complete the internship at the FOFA Gallery.
The ideal candidate will have a sincere interest in the role of arts and culture in the development of
community as well as a keen interest in the role of site or location in this development. Students who
have completed an MFA in Studio Arts, MA in Art History or Art Education, Curatorial Studies are
particularly encouraged to apply. They must be self-motivated and interested in working with a team. The
candidate should be genuinely interested in people and especially observant with exceptional
communication skills. A strong interest in contemporary art, and an eagerness to travel will be mandatory.
Oral and written communication skills in English will be required, basic knowledge of Spanish will be
viewed very favorably.
Description of tasks:
• Archiving and transcribing the SOMA English video catalogue including artist talks and performances.
• Day-to-day general administrative duties and event planning.
• Research and program development.
• Participate in meetings, studio visits, workshops, artist talks, museum visits.
• Development of curatorial framework, budget preparation, communications plan.
• Communications with artists and staff.
• Grant writing.
To apply please send a cover letter, CV and writing sample (essay or article related to contemporary art) by email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. FOFA GALLERY, as part of Concordia University, is
committed to employment equity in all forms.
All applicants must be eligible for the YCW program.
Retour à la recherche