Collections Management Coordinator, Intern
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Collections Management Coordinator, Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Art Gallery of Northumberland
- Lieu de l’emploi : Cobourg, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-05 à 2018-11-23 (25 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
Job Posting (YCW Building Careers in Heritage)
Collections Management Coordinator, Intern
About the AGN
The Art Gallery of Northumberland (AGN) is the largest public art gallery in Northumberland County. Our mandate is to promote and provide access to art and related programs as a community gallery for the enjoyment and education of the people of Northumberland County. We present intellectually stimulating exhibitions and programming, as well as maintain a permanent collection of visual arts. The AGN offers a dynamic work environment that supports opportunities for professional growth, encourages creativity, and fosters teamwork.
The AGN has created a contract employment opportunity within its Curatorial Department for a Collections Management Coordinator position. This position is responsible for: the development, management, intellectual integrity, and care of gallery collections; providing research assistance and access to collections; museum environmental control and monitoring, pest management, security, and risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the development, management, intellectual integrity, and care of gallery collections by:
• Assigns accession numbers, compiles accession records, classifies, and physically numbers Gallery works of art and artifacts.
• Performs data entry and filing of donor recognition letters, gift forms, donor cards, catalog records, and other documentation.
• Manages and assures accuracy, security, and intellectual integrity of collection records.
• Conducts regular inventories of collections and performs reconciliation with the records.
• Evaluates current practices, stays, current with professional standards, and develops new practices in collections management and care.
• Works with Director and Permanent Collection Committee regarding possible deaccessions and manages documentation and disposal according to collections policy.
• Performs simple, appropriate cleaning of art and artifacts and seeks advice from a professional conservator for all other conservation needs.
• Oversees development, maintenance, security and upgrades of collections database.
• Retrieves and prepares art and artifact information, conducts research as requested.
Skills and Abilities
Completion of: Art History, Museum Studies, Collections Management, Art Conservation. Working knowledge of general philosophy, principles, and practices of public galleries and museums; consideration knowledge of collections management, care, documentation, and classifications; considerable knowledge of collections conservation; working knowledge of environmental control, pest management, security, and risk management; working knowledge of intellectual property and rights and reproductions; considerable research skills. Ability to plan, organize, and implement complex filing and research systems; ability to multi-task and problem solve; ability to work in a team-oriented environment; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, assistants, supervisor, other agencies, and the public.
Tools and Equipment Used: Collections databases; computer including word processing and other database programs; scanner; digital and film camera; general office equipment.
Physical Demands: Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and listen; frequently required to use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects tools, or controls and to reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 15kg
Start Date: June 5, 2018
End Date: November 23, 2018
Positon requires the applicant to create a YCW account and complete a Candidate Eligibility Form prior to hiring, or the eligibility criteria will be discussed during the interview (while respecting HR condtions).
How to Apply:
Please submit resume to:
Art Gallery of Northumberland
Victoria Hall, West Wing, Third Floor
55 King Street West, Cobourg, ON K9A 2M2
To Olinda Casimiro, Executive Director
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received will be screened based on information provided. Please ensure you include all relevant details about your qualifications for this position. AGN is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. AGN encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Retour à la recherche