- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Interpretation Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Royal Botanical Gardens
- Lieu de l’emploi : Burlington, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-04 à 2019-01-11 (32 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,50 $
YCW Web Site Job Poster:
Interpretation Intern (1 position)
Start date: June 4, 2018
End Date: January 11, 2019
Languages of work: English (French language would be desirable)
Rate of Pay: $15.50 per hour, 35hrs/week
Royal Botanical Gardens mission is to ‘inspire and nurture society’s commitment to the environment.” Each year, RBG attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from diverse demographic profiles who enjoy events, exhibits and education programming within our 2700 acres of gardens and nature sanctuaries.
RBG is seeking an Interpretation Intern, whose main objective is to create and deliver engaging environmental learning experiences for our visitors. The Interpretation intern will support the creation and delivery of new interpretative programs for our Heritage and Heroes project, as well as new garden and special events interpretation, such as the Fall Great Pumpkin Trail for families, and Holiday Traditions.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
• University or college graduate in natural science/biology/botany, environmental science, horticulture, education, museum studies, or related field
• Good working knowledge of botany and/or local plants and wildlife; plant identification skills
• Enthusiastic, outgoing personality
• A passion for the natural world and an enthusiasm for connecting people with nature
• Interpretation/public speaking/presentation/program delivery experience
• Exceptional English oral and written communication skills; experience with public speaking
• Commitment to service excellence; experience in an environment dedicated to customer service
•Highly organized self-starter with strong attention to detail
•Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- First Aid Certification
The successful candidate must also meet the intern eligibility criteria for the Canadian Museums Association Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations -internships program:
• be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada.
• be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
• have finished the school term at the start of employment.
• not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed through the YCW sponsored internship
• be an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, i.e. not employed full-time.
• be a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within 24 months of the start of employment.
• be registered in the YCW online candidate inventory.
• be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment.
• not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed as an intern
• not have previously participated in or been paid under the CMA Internship program, or any other Career Focus program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
Candidate assets would include:
-Experience in interpretive and/or educational program development
-knowledge of computer graphics applications, and experience with Adobe Illustrator
-Fluency in French.
RBG is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Candidates should submit their applications online to Royal Botanical Gardens career site: http://www.rbg.ca/careers. Our application deadline is May 22, 2018.
Retour à la recherche