Bilingual Science Interpreter
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Bilingual Science Interpreter
- Nom de l’organisme : Manuels River Natural Heritage Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Conception Bay South, Terre-Neuve-et-Labrador
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-01 à 2017-08-18 (10 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 12,00 $
Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre is a not-for-profit science and nature centre which features the geological, biological, and human history of the Manuels River and of the surrounding region of Conception Bay South. We are committed to preserving and interpreting the natural, cultural, and geological history of the river. We achieve this by developing education and recreation programs for all ages, and conserving the river system and its 6km of riverside trails. If you are a dynamic individual who enjoys interacting with the public and learning through fun, then the Manuels River experience has opportunities that are right for you!
Summer Science Interpreter
Position: Bilingual Science Interpreter
Employment Status: One Full-Time, Temporary position available (funded through the Young Canada Works program).
Hours of Work: ~35 hours per week Days / Evenings / Weekends
Rate of Pay: $12/hr
Who can apply: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial legislation and regulations.
Summary of Position:
The Bilingual Science Interpreter interacts with visitors of all ages, leading school groups, public tours and interpretive programs within the Manuels River Hibernia Interpretation Centre and on the Manuels River walking trails. Interpreters provide the Manuels River experience by making each visit a memorable one for the general public, by providing excellent visitor services, knowledge and learning opportunities in a fun, hands-on manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interact with Manuels River visitors both in the Centre and on the Trail to enhance their experience.
• Provide excellent visitor services and interpretation to all ages of the general public, including leading both indoor and outdoor tours.
• Assist with school programs, public programs, birthday parties, and guide/scout programs.
• Work as a member of a team to deliver curriculum-based school programs for elementary and high school students.
• Prepare and present daily interpretative programs and tours.
• Operate the state-of-the-art movie theatre.
• Provide basic security and monitoring of the exhibit spaces.
• Assist with the development of interpretation and exhibit materials.
• Research and develop new public programs.
• Promote the Manuels River experience at off-site locations such as fairs.
• Other duties as required and assigned.
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident entitled to work in Canada.
• Able to work and deliver programs in French.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent public speaking and communication skills.
• Outgoing, polite, friendly and patient.
• Basic knowledge of the geology and/or cultural history of Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently on individual projects.
• Able to work a variety of shifts, both daytime, evening and weekend.
• Possess moderate computer skills and the ability to learn quickly.
• Preference given to candidates with a background in Education or Science (Earth Science/Geology, Biology, Physical Geography)
• Experience working in a science centre or museum an asset.
• Experience leading tours, programs, or day camps an asset.
To Apply: Email your resume with cover letter, three references and a current RNC Certificate of Conduct (or state the date you applied for the certificate) to Jillian at email@example.com
Retour à la recherche