- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Heritage Interpreter
- Nom de l’organisme : Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site
- Lieu de l’emploi : East Coulee, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-01 à 2017-09-04 (18 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,50 $
Atlas Coal Mine National Historic Site
Use your unique talents to enliven each program. In addition, interpreters run the
Welcome Desk, keep the site tidy, and select projects. This job involves a lot of time outside in the sunny Badlands as well as in small, dark places such as on our
-Watch our team give great tours on Youtube. This could be you! http://www.youtube.com/user/atlascoalmine#p/u
- The Atlas is the largest museum of its kind in Canada and is home to the last wooden tipple in the country, and you get to talk about it.
-You will put on a miners’ cap and lead groups of excited visitors up the underground, through 210 feet conveyer tunnel and into the mine entry!
- You get to drive a 90 year old Mancha Mine Locomotive!
- All of our buildings are original and historic, and you get to see behind the scenes in all of them.
- You will learn how to build a coal fire, a skill that will save you from frostbite, in the wilderness...if you are close to a supply of coal.
- We have working artifacts, like carbide lamps, that we get to light with BIG booms, much to the delight of your audience.
- We appreciate our staff and show them in really fun, yet legal, ways.
- Most of all, we are active, fun and interesting. Our interpreters create memorable
experiences for our guests, and connect with people in a meaningful way.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
We need positive, enthusiastic individuals with great communication skills and a love of learning. Must be physically fit and able to get up a hill with a pack of adoring fans behind them. We are looking for a self-motivated crew that knows what needs to be done, and does it...without a written invitation. Must have at least one year post secondary education. Background in history, museum studies, education, geography, leisure studies, ecotourism, engineering, or performing arts an asset. We are at our best with a diverse and well-rounded team! Experience working with children is an asset.
A car is necessary as we are located 15 minutes east of Drumheller. Must be certified in first aid.
Job term: May - September 2017 Full time
Apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Apply via fax at: 403.822.2225
ATTN: Jay Russell, VP of Storycraft
Retour à la recherche