- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Attendant
- Nom de l’organisme : Canadian Geographic Enterprises/Canadian Geographic Education
- Lieu de l’emploi : Ottawa, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-11 à 2017-09-30 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 11,25 $
Our exciting organization is looking for a museum attendant for a maximum 16-week contract position. The Royal Canadian Geographic Society’s new home, Canada’s Centre for Geography and Exploration, will be opening its’ doors for the first time this summer in celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary. This is your opportunity to be part of Canadian history!
Museum Attendant Duties
The museum attendant is the first line of contact for visitors to Canada’s Centre for Geography and Exploration. By using their exhibit-specific knowledge and training, museum attendants answer questions and provide additional information to ensure visitors have a world class experience at the Centre.
- Interpret the theme of the exhibits through dialogue with visitors, enjoying regular and diverse interactions with the public while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and customer service.
- Working under minor supervision, the attendant will ensure rules are followed and exhibits are treated with respect, providing care and minor maintenance if required.
- Contribute to a positive work environment through teamwork, collaboration, enthusiasm and initiative.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience working as a museum attendant and/or at a museum
- be enrolled in or accepted to a museum studies class or program or an education studies class or program
- have experience learning new information and sharing this information with others face-to-face in a personable and engaging manner
- have experience dealing directly with the general public
- have an interest in Canadian geography and exploration, history of the nation’s capital and of indigenous peoples
- be comfortable learning basic rules and regulations and reinforcing them as required
- be fluent in both official languages (mandatory)
- have valid first aid certification or be in the process of securing certification
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Retour à la recherche