- Program stream: Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages
- Job title: Swimming Instructor
- Organization name: Municipalité de Russell
- Job location: Russell, Ontario
- Length of assignment: 2017-06-19 to 2017-09-01 (10 weeks)
- Hourly wage: $12.00
Employer: Township of Russell
Salary : start $11.88 ends at $13.70
Start date: June 19, 2017
End date: September 1, 2017
Position Overview - Basic functions & Responsibility
Under the direction of the Pool Supervisor, the instructor will assist in the ongoing planning, development and evaluation of bilingual pool programs and is responsible and accountable for the facilitation of the same.
Skills /Competencies and knowledge
- Minimum of one year of swimming and recreation program experience or equivalent
-Standard First Aid and CPR level C certification is required
- NLS certification is required
-Aquatic Emergency Care certification is an asset
- Instructor certification is required
-Advanced instructors certification is an asset
-Working knowledge of current pool trends
-Understanding of, and experience in pool program implementation and evaluation.
-Strong ability in listening, writing and oral presentation on an individual and public basis.
-Ability in gathering information, setting of priorities and providing sound judgement.
-Demonstrated ability to work independently
-Candidate must be bilingual
Back to search