Summer Reading Club Coordinator
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Summer Reading Club Coordinator
- Nom de l’organisme : Scugog Memorial Public Library
- Lieu de l’emploi : Port Perry, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-05 à 2017-08-11 (10 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
The Scugog Memorial Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic student to act as Summer Reading Club Coordinator for their 2017 Summer Reading Club. This full-time (35 hours per week) position offers the opportunity to:
- Schedule, plan and deliver multiple weekly programs for school-aged children that present reading as a fun activity
- Work directly with school-aged children to foster their love of reading and use of the Public Library in their community
- Provide promotions and publicity for the Summer Reading Club programs throughout the Township of Scugog, through displays, media relations and community outreach
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following skills and characteristics:
- Experienced in and comfortable with working with large groups of children
- Experienced in and comfortable with public speaking and presenting to large groups
- Knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques
- Knowledge of children's literature, with a focus on Canadian resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
This position would provide an ideal summer employment experience for a student in Library Sciences, either in a Library Technician program or enrolled in an MLIS program. This position would also provide an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with children for a post-secondary student who is planning a career in Education.
Scugog Memorial Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities as well as visible minorities and Aboriginal persons are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and covering letter via email to:
Ms. Amy Caughlin, CEO
Scugog Memorial Public Library
Deadline for Applications is 5:00 pm, Friday, May 12th.
Characteristics of City/Region:
The Township of Scugog is an active community where cultural, recreational and leisure activities underpin the municipality's commitment to health, active lifestyles and quality living. One of eight communities forming the Region of Durham, the Township of Scugog is made up of what used to be four distinct municipalities: The Village of Port Perry and the Townships of Cartwright, Reach and Scugog (Scugog Island).
With a population of 22, 500, the Township lies 65 kilometres northeast of Toronto. Situated on the shores of Lake Scugog, the area features scenic countryside, a thriving commercial and business centre, booming agrifood industry, Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, a wild animal sanctuary, charming villages (including Blackstock, Caesarea, Epsom, Greenbank, Prince Albert, Seagrave, Scugog Island and Utica) and a range of lifestyle and business opportunities.
Retour à la recherche