- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Student Archivist
- Nom de l’organisme : HSC Archives/Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-23 à 2017-08-31 (14 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
HSC Archives Museum
Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg – Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Part-time (30 hours per week)
23 May to 31 August 2017 (Total of 420 hours)
Salary: $18.001 per hour
Application Deadline: 1st May 2017
HSC Winnipeg is seeking a qualified and motivated summer student to fill an Archives Assistant position within the HSC Archives/Museum. Availability of this position is subject to award of a grant from Young Canada Works, and the successful candidate must be eligible for Young Canada Works sponsorship.
Working under the direction of the HSC Archivist, the Archives Assistant will process (accession, appraise, arrange and describe) records and photographs into the collection using Rules for Archival Description (RAD), AtoM, (an internationally recognized Archival database), and PastPerfect (internationally recognized Museum software). Other duties may include processing transfers and donations, providing research and support for heritage-related projects, and answering reference questions.
- Enrollment in a recognized Archives Studies program, related graduate University degree program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Working knowledge of database systems preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written) required.
- Experience working in an archival setting and experience in arrangement and description of archival collections preferred.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work accurately and independently.
Recruitment for positions within the HSC Archives Museum compiles with the Winnipeg Health Regions employment practices. The Winnipeg Health Region is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diverse nature of the communities we serve. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to self-declare when applying for jobs.
Please send applications to:
Karen Ashbury, Archivist
Health Sciences Centre, Room AD119 – 820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3A 1R9
Characteristics of City/Region
Downtown Winnipeg, Province of Manitoba.
Retour à la recherche