- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Volunteer Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : 2017 Canada Summer Games Host Society Inc.
- Lieu de l’emploi : Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-01 à 2017-08-18 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
Winnipeg will host the 2017 Canada Summer Games, the largest recurring multi-sport event in our country from July 28 to August 13, 2017. The Games will bring together nearly 4,000 athletes to compete in 16 sports. The 2017 Canada Summer Games Host Society is hiring for two positions as a Volunteer Assistant based out of the Volunteer Accreditation Centre, a satellite office located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The anticipation duration is 16 weeks with the start date of May 1, 2017 until August 18, 2017 with a wage of $14 an hour. This position is a summer placement within the Volunteer function that will be supported by the Volunteer & Accreditation Sr. Coordinator and the Volunteer Coordinator.
Position offers unique job opportunities for students to work with an organization focusing on the community, including Canada 150 celebrations planned for the Opening & Closing Ceremonies & Festival Site.
The main objective of this position is to work closely with volunteers and staff to assist in developing and implementing strategies relating to recruiting, engaging, retaining, orienting and recognizing approximately the 6,500 volunteers required to deliver the 2017 Canada Summer Games.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Administrative duties
• Managing Volunteer Accreditation Centre
• Accreditation badge assembly
• Volunteer Scheduling
• Uniform tracking
• Update and manage GEMS Pro (Games Enabling system) as required
Skills & Requirements
• The candidate must be bilingual.
• Post secondary education in field of event management, human resources
• Experience working with volunteers, computer skills and an understanding of databases
• Well organized with ability to build, track and maintain project plan details
• Experience or knowledge of sport is an asset
• Ability to work in a team environment
Retour à la recherche