- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Archives Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : New Westminster Museum & Archives
- Lieu de l’emploi : New Westminster, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-09 à 2017-08-26 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,25 $
Position Vacancy: Archives Assistant
(Young Canada Works Program)
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
The New Westminster Museum and Archives has a 16 week summer employment opportunity which will run from May 9, 2017 to August 26, 2017, Tuesdays to Saturdays, 35 hours per week. Please note that the staffing of the position and its duration are conditional on the approval of the grant application submitted to the Young Canada Works program.
• Assist the public with reference inquiries.
• Accessioning of donations.
• Develop online exhibitions.
• Arrangement and description of community records.
• Digitize, describe and index historic photographs.
• Perform other related duties.
• Please note that in order to apply you must be registered in the Young Canada Works inventory at https://young-canada-works.canada.ca and that you must be between the ages of 16 and 30. You must also have been a full-time student in the semester preceding the YCW job and intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
• Completion of a year of study in an Archival Studies or Library Science program at a recognized university is desirable, but not required.
• Preference may be given to those with previous work or volunteer experience in archives.
• Familiar with the theory and principles of archives operations.
• Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Ability to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
This position offers an hourly rate of $ 18.25 plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #17-08 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Retour à la recherche