Digital Archives Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Digital Archives Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : University of King's College
- Lieu de l’emploi : Halifax, Nouvelle-Écosse
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-22 à 2017-06-30 (6 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 11,20 $
Job title: Digital Archives Assistant - 1 position available
Location: University of King's College Archives, Halifax, NS (in the Library on the University of King's College campus)
Pay: $11.20 per hour plus employer's mandatory employment-related costs.
Start date: May 22, 2017
End date: June 30, 2017
30-hour work week - Monday through Friday
The University of King’s College Archives is seeking an individual to work full-time for six weeks on a project to digitize the University’s Academic Calendar for inclusion in the University’s institutional repository. The work involves scanning historic issues of the Calendar from 1855 to 1925 for posting online.
The successful candidate will report to the University Librarian. They will gain on-the-job understanding of the value of standards and best practices in the archival profession; experience with networked computing environments, institutional repositories, and other technologies used in archives; and the opportunity to work independently within a structured team setting.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, May 12, 2017, by 4:00 p.m. ADT.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
1. Experience with computer applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, etc.) and systems (both personal computer and network);
2. Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to recorded information management;
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
4. Ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of a team;
5. Attention to detail.
This job is funded through the Young Canada Works Program, so the successful applicant must also meet the following criteria:
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada.
• Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Meet the eligibility criteria of the program for which you have been approved
• Be registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
• Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW
Applicants must register with Young Canada Works and express interest in this position.
Submit application by email to:
University of King’s College Library
6350 Coburg Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 2A1
Before a job offer is made, the applicant will be asked to confirm in writing that they meet Young Canada Works eligibility requirements.
Characteristics of City/Region:
Halifax is a vibrant port city on Canada's east coast. Its long history is reflected in the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site (free entry in 2017), the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and several other museums, the Provincial Archives, Point Pleasant Park, three universities in or approaching their third centuries, and civic architecture of many periods.
Regular summer events include the Scotia Festival of Music, Royal Nova Scotia Tattoo, Highland Games, Atlantic Jazz Festival, Buskers' Festival, visits by tall ships and passenger cruise ships, Shakespeare by the Sea performances, concerts in the Public Gardens, and sailing regattas.
Retour à la recherche