- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Nature Educator
- Nom de l’organisme : Nature NB
- Lieu de l’emploi : Fredericton, Nouveau-Brunswick
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-05-07 à 2018-08-24 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 12,50 $
Are you passionate about nature and education?
Are you interested in connecting people with nature?
Nature NB is looking for a Nature Educator!
Nature NB is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to celebrate, conserve and protect New Brunswick's natural heritage through education, networking and collaboration.
The Job: Nature NB is seeking a bilingual Nature Educator for the summer months (May-August). This is a full-time position based in Fredericton, NB (35 hours/week with some evening and weekend work, $12.50/hour).
Working as a Nature Educator, educators will:
• Research environmental education themes
• Assist in the creation of bilingual nature-based educational programming.
• Travel and deliver bilingual programming across the province, this may require some evening and weekend work.
• Assist in the planning and delivery of bilingual nature based events across the province.
• Assist in bilingual outdoor education training sessions.
• Assist in creation of a bilingual youth nature based magazine.
• Communicate with resource people and naturalist clubs
• Collate, distribute, and evaluate the evaluation forms for each presentation
Ideal candidates will meet some or all of the following qualifications:
• Strong communication skills in both official languages (English and French).
• Educational background in one or more areas of natural science, including biology, environmental science, and/or forestry; OR educational background in education
• Experience working with children
• Experience in program development
• Experience in event planning
• Ability to use standard office equipment including computers, internet, photocopiers, telephone, and email.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, independence, reliability, and flexibility
• Interest in nature, the outdoors, wildlife, botany, ecology, hiking, exploring, etc.
• Interest in public outreach, communication, and education
Requirements for the position:
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
• Between 16-30 years of age at start of employment
• Current full-time university or college student intending to return to full-time studies in the fall semester
• Valid driver’s license
• Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks will be completed for the selected candidate
To apply: Send cover letter and résumé to Vanessa Roy-McDougall at email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 14, 2018.
Retour à la recherche