Archives Assistant - Summer Student
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Archives Assistant - Summer Student
- Nom de l’organisme : Elgin County Archives
- Lieu de l’emploi : St. Thomas , Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-09-01 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,50 $
ELGIN COUNTY ARCHIVES
ARCHIVES ASSISTANT, SUMMER STUDENT
The Elgin County Archives, a department of the County of Elgin, has a contract position available for an Archivist Assistant, Summer Student. The program, made possible by financial assistance from the Government of Canada through the Young Canada Works in Heritage Institutions Program, as well as the County of Elgin, entails the following:
• Scanning and digitization assistance;
• Assisting patrons with reference room inquires;
• Preservation activities.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Salary: $13.50 per hour
Effective: May 8, 2017 – September 1, 2017
Qualifications: The successful candidate will be enrolled in post-secondary education in archival studies, information studies, Canadian history or related discipline. Excellent customer service and communication skills are essential. Familiarity with database management systems and scanning and previous experience in an archival setting are definite assets.
Application Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, March 24, 2017 to the:
Human Resources Co-ordinator
450 Sunset Drive
St. Thomas, ON N5R 5V1
Retour à la recherche