- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Camp Counselor/Program
- Nom de l’organisme : MacKenzie Camp
- Lieu de l’emploi : Enderby, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-04 à 2018-08-17 (10,57 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
MacKenzie Camp is located on beautiful Mabel Lake, in the Monashee Mountains in South Centreal BC The closest airport is Kelowna, BC. This area, (Thompson/Okanagan) is a tourist destination, as there are many lakes in the area. The summers are usually hot and dry. The smaller city of Enderby is 35 KM West of Mabel Lake. Vernon and Salmon Arm are approx. 1 hr. drive, and have all the amenities theaters, hospitals.
1. be familiar with the policies, procedures, and all information in the Camp Manual.
2. to be aware that the Counsellor is the primary means through which the objectives, goals and philosophy of the camp are transmitted to the campers.
3. to share the interests that are uniquely his/hers and thus enrich the leadership role of Counsellor, and set an example of responsibility.
4. to be aware that if he/she is also a coordinator of another area ( ie. Waterfront, First Aid Attendant, Archery, Crafts, Environment ( recycling), Vespers, Out trips, or Hikes ), that it is his/her responsibility to ensure that the campers in his/her care are being appropriately supervised by a capable leader who is at least two years older than the oldest camper in his/her care, whenever he/she is occupied with other duties. Campers are never left unsupervised.
5. to treat each camper as a unique, capable individual and make an effort to get to know him/her.
6. be aware of campers’ personal hygiene, appetite, signs of homesickness, bullying, withdrawal, and need for sufficient rest.
7. to facilitate a respectful, healthy community in the cabin.
8. to be open and responsive to spiritual questions from a child and if unsure of how to respond, ask the camper’s permission to include a resource person.
9. to provide appropriate guidelines for camper behaviour, to model positive behaviour, and to initiate appropriate consequences for negative behaviour, in accordance with Camp Policy.
10. to always leave the cabin door open if he/she is in alone with a camper. This is in the counsellor’s and the camper’s best interest.
11. to model healthy self care by making wise use of time off to rest and recharge.
12. to support growth and skill development of the Counsellor in Training.
13. to attend all staff meetings, and participate in a professional, positive manner.
The Camper experience is about forming community. To this end, all staff will be aware that sharing of chores, from the camper to the top of the ladder is how children learn: new skills, team work, and to be willing helpers. Maintenance and cleaning is a part of this experience, and the kids learn by your example.
Experience and interest required in working with children, camp programs, waterfront and outdoor activities an asset.
Job description available on our web site: www.mackenziecamp.ca .
Please download application form and apply by Email.
Retour à la recherche