Prep Cook/ Dishwasher
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Prep Cook/ Dishwasher
- Nom de l’organisme : Camp Fircom Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Gambier Island, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-05-01 à 2018-08-19 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
Cuisinier de Preparation/Prep Cook & Dishwasher
Would you like to be somewhere surrounded by beautiful mountain views, ocean waterfront and great hiking trails? Would you enjoy being at a summer camp for the summer? Then Fircom is the place for you! The Camp Fircom Society, a member of United Church of Canada Camping Ministry, is seeking a Prep Cook/Dishwasher. Camp Fircom is located on the south-eastern tip of Gambier Island in British Columbia, a short water taxi ride from Horseshoe Bay and 1 hour from Vancouver. It is a 120-acre waterfront property and has a new kitchen and dining hall and serves groups up to 200. We cater to groups of all ages including schools, retreats, conferences, and weddings. We have a garden, love recycling and composting, use solar power and aim to be a zero-waste facility.
Come join an energetic staff team to provide quality service to our renters and summer camp for kids and families!
This is a kitchen position with duties including dishwashing, prep, serving, and cleaning. The kitchen is run by our Head Chef and serves a large majority of vegetarian fare while using the organic produce from our farm. Learn a whole bunch of new skills and recipes to take home at the end of the summer. It is sure to be a tasty one!
• Level 2, Criminal Records Check and Food Safe Certificate upon hire (over 23 years of age, or background check when over 19)
• Basics of verbal and written English communication skills
• Reliability and Strong Work Ethic!
• Meet the requirements of Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages Grant
• Driver’s Licence (occasional food moving in a truck/car from dock to kitchen)
• First Aid
This job is on Gambier Island and will require you to be on site five days of the week. The position will have shared accommodation and offers the ability to live on site for the duration of the contract, and meals when working on site. Training will be given on site.
The wage is $13.00/hour. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Ana-Luz Cobon at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th, 2018. No phone calls please. Web Site: www.fircom.ca
Retour à la recherche