- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Farm Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Camp Fircom Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Gambier Island, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2018-06-25 à 2018-08-19 (8 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
Come spend the summer on beautiful Gambier Island at Fircom! This 120-acre waterfront property is located 1 hour from downtown Vancouver and yet feels miles away from it all. In your free time you can grab some coworkers and go kayaking, canoeing, hiking, snorkeling, stand-up paddleboarding, do archery, or whatever quiet pursuit you enjoy. Come join a wonderful group of people spending the summer in the great outdoors.
The Farm Assistant is a summer position. This person must be adaptable, personable and not afraid to get their hands dirty. The Fircom Farm includes vegetable production, orchard care, and laying hens.
This is a full-time summer position working under the Farm Coordinator from June 25th to August 19th, 2018.
• Assisting in crop planning, planting, harvest and preparation of foods.
• Orienting guests to the farm
• Gain skills leading farm based programs for children, youth and adults
• Gain skills to lead volunteers/guests in tasks when the Farm Coordinator is away
• Other duties as needed
• This is a Young Canada Works Canada supported position. You must be a student between years of education to be eligible (just finished a semester and going back to school in the fall) and fluent in french.
• Ability to carry/lift up to 40 pounds and strong physical condition
• Ability to work independently and within a team and strong communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and possess strong attention to detail
• Current level 2 criminal record check(23yrs+)/ OR background check(19yrs+) upon hire
• Previous experience: summer camp, outdoor centre, farm
This position will be compensated with a daily rate of 104.00/13.00hr
Please email a cover letter and resume to Ana-Luz at email@example.com Only short-list applicants will be contacted. Posting will be up until filled. No phone calls please!
Retour à la recherche