Archives Digitization Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Archives Digitization Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : George Brown College Archives
- Lieu de l’emploi : Toronto, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-12-01 à 2018-03-31 (13 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
George Brown College in Toronto is celebrating its 50th anniversary during the 2017-2018 academic year, and the organization has a renewed and keen interest in its organizational history. The college has produced a weekly, publicly accessible but staff-focused newsletter for very nearly its entire history. This collection exists in hard-copy only for the years 1967-2013, and must be digitized for preservation purposes as well as convenience for both internal and external researchers. "George Brown News" and its antecedents are the only easily-digestible account of the college’s history; any other research requires working with original records, making these newsletters one of the most highly valued and accessed parts of GBC Archives' holdings.
This project requires 2 part-time YCW-compliant employees to each work a total of 227.5 hours over 13 weeks. However, YCW requires that these hours be scheduled as at least 6 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) of 30 or more hours per week, with no weeks of less than 15 hours per week. There is a great deal of flexibility in work hours/days, and every attempt will be made to accommodate the employee's schedule while meeting the YCW requirements. The salary is $16 per hour, with 4% in lieu of holidays. These positions will be located at GBC's Casa Loma Campus in Toronto.
Please note that applicants must meet the following YCW eligibility guidelines:
- Not be older than 30 years at the moment of hiring
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada. Note: Non-Canadian students or graduates holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- Be a student and intend to be returning to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Please apply no later than 5pm, November 20, 2017 through the Young Canada Works website, or email a resume and cover letter to
Please note that only applicants being offered an interview will receive a reply.
George Brown College
Retour à la recherche