Artist Biographical Database and Archival Digitization Officer
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Artist Biographical Database and Archival Digitization Officer
- Nom de l’organisme : Inuit Art Foundation
- Lieu de l’emploi : TORONTO, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-11-27 à 2018-03-31 (18 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
The Inuit Art Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time Program Officer to work on its Artist Biographical Database to digitize a rich archive held at the Winnipeg Art Gallery from November 2017 to March 2018. The Program Officer will work with IAF staff, Inuit artists and other cultural institutions to bring forward integral information through the digitization of the WAG’s archive. This will highlight contributions to Canada's national artistic heritage as well as to Inuit self-determination. The Program Officer will additionally help to publicize the information contained in the database through the IAF's website, newsletter and social media platforms.
The IAF is seeking a candidate with the following profile for the Program Officer Internship:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in art history, visual arts, museum studies or related fields;
- Previous experience working in a cultural institution or non-profit;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with database software and PastPerfect is considered an asset;
- Foundational knowledge of Inuit art considered an asset.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alysa Procida at firstname.lastname@example.org. The IAF encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and while we appreciate all interest in the position, will only contact successful applicants.
Retour à la recherche