- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Curatorial Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Lucan Area Heritage & Donnelly Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Lucan, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-11-27 à 2018-03-30 (18 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
About the Lucan Area Heritage and Donnelly Museum:
Founded in 1995 the Lucan Area Heritage & Donnelly Museum (LAHDM) serves the
town of Lucan and the surrounding areas. Located in the centre of Lucan, it is an integral part of the community and serves as an important cultural space. We seek to preserve the region’s history and educate the community. From the indigenous origins of the area, to the establishment of the Wilberforce Settlement, and the notorious Donnelly story, Lucan has a fascinating and culturally diverse history.
About the position:
The LAHDM is currently seeking a recent graduate for the position of Curatorial Intern.
The Curatorial Intern will assist with the development of a new permanent exhibit on the
Wilberforce Settlement by researching, selecting artifacts, writing caption/information
panels, and collaborating on the visual design of the exhibit.
· Post-secondary degree in a related field of study (ie. History, Art History, Museum
· Previous volunteer/work experience in a museum setting is an asset
· Experience in a computerized work environment, working knowledge of Microsoft Office
software including Word and Excel. Experience working with PastPerfect Museum
Software an asset.
· Self-motivating and able work well both independently and in a team environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent research skills
The deadline to apply for the position is November 15, 2017.
The candidate must meet the eligibility requirements for the Young Canada Works
(YCW) at Building Careers in Heritage program. We are an equal opportunity employer
committed to supporting diversity within the community and encourage applications
from all qualified candidates. Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email a personalized cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Curatorial Intern."
Retour à la recherche