Information Technology Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Information Technology Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Cobourg Public Library
- Lieu de l’emploi : Cobourg, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-11-06 à 2018-03-24 (20 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
The Cobourg Public Library invites applications for one Short Term Job as an Information Technology Assistant. This is a grant position made available through the Young Canada Works (YCW) in Heritage Organizations. This position is for students currently attending classes either fulltime or part time in a Masters of Information Technology Program or a Library Information Technology Diploma Program.
The job description is as follows:
Job Title: Information Technology Assistant
Reports to: Manager of Public Services
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Duration: 180 hours (30 hrs/week)
January 2, 2018 to February 10, 2018
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Manager of Public Services, the student will provide technology support services to Library staff and patrons. This includes training on Microsoft Office, various social media tools and Library databases such as OverDrive and NoveList.
This position is through a Young Canada Works in Heritage Organization Grant.
As per this programs funding criteria, candidates must:
• Be between 15-30 years of age;
• Be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution either fulltime or part-time during the length of this short-
• Must have been enrolled in school prior to beginning work under this initiative and be continuing in school
after the work term.
• Provide technological training to library staff and patrons
• Assist and maintain computer-based indexing and local history project (includes digitization)
• Create pathfinders and instruction guides on the use of e-readers and other digital devices
• Assist with online library catalogue including searching for materials location
• Using computer-generated lists, maintain an assigned shelving section
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for this position must submit a resume and cover letter to Kate Davis, Manager of Public Services by 5:00 pm., Friday December 8, 2017. firstname.lastname@example.org
Retour à la recherche