Communications Assistant Intern
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Communications Assistant Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art
- Lieu de l’emploi : Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-02 à 2018-03-30 (18 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
Position: Communications Assistant (Intern), Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art
Duration: 18 weeks
Start Date: November 13, 2017
End Date: March 31, 2018
Hourly wage: $14
Language: fluent English, basic French
Deadline for applications in writing by email (email@example.com): November 6, 2017
The candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in contemporary art, particularly as a communications specialist, arts administrator, or related practice. The candidate should be between the ages of 16 and 30 and has graduated within the past 24 months with a degree (BA, MA, BFA, MFA) in arts administration, curatorial studies, visual art, art history, cultural studies, marketing, media studies, communications, advertising, or related field. The candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends on occasion, as required by general gallery activities and communications and marketing deadlines.
The candidate should have confidence with online platforms, social media and new media technologies. Knowledge of WordPress is an asset. The candidate should also have knowledge of Office software including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, or other email software.
Description of Tasks:
Communications and Promotions
- assist in implementing strategies for branding and promoting Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art as a public facility and attraction, including the gallery’s exhibitions, public programs, and educational events.
- assist in the production and distribution of marketing collateral, including advertising, program guides, signage, invitations, brochures, posters, banners, and more.
- develop promotional strategies and information using electronic media, including multi-media presentation, email promotions, banner ads, etc.
- assist with the creation and distribution of press releases and press kits, and addressing media requests and disseminating project information.
- collect and manage press clippings in a timely and orderly manner, producing media reports as needed.
- assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with local, regional, national, and international media personnel in order to effectively promote Plug In ICA.
Digital and Social Media
- liaise with other staff to develop content for online and social media channels.
- assist in the management of the gallery’s social media content calendar.
- engage in the social media conversations that surround the gallery’s activities.
- assist in the communications, marketing design and development of the Plug In ICA website.
Administration and Assistance
- collect, analyse, archive and report on results of specific communications and marketing efforts.
- research marketing and communications strategies and best practices for Plug In ICA.
- assist with setting, monitoring, and meeting communications and marketing deadlines.
- collaborate with tourism and community groups to enhance the profile of Plug In ICA.
Plug In ICA welcomes applications from participation from the Government of Canada's job equity groups (i.e. women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous).
Working with the Assistant Curator and reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the Communications Assistant Intern will participate in a broad range of activities that include various aspects of running a contemporary art gallery/museum, including communications, marketing, and administration.
Winnipeg has gained a mythic reputation in the development of visual arts in Canada, thanks to a wide range of artists and arts organizations. Winnipeg has often been referred to as the visual arts capital of Canada. Winnipeg is a dynamic, diverse, urban community, with Plug In ICA located at the heart of Winnipeg’s downtown. Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art is the leading center for contemporary art on the prairies.
Retour à la recherche