Curatorial Assistant -- design and communications
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Curatorial Assistant -- design and communications
- Nom de l’organisme : Comox Valley Art Gallery
- Lieu de l’emploi : Courtenay, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-16 à 2018-03-30 (22 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
The Comox Valley Art Gallery is seeking recent post-secondary graduates for an internship (Curatorial Assistant – design and communications). The hourly wage is $13, the work week is 30 hours, for 22 weeks. The position starts Oct. 2, 2017.
The Curatorial Assistant will report to the Curator and will be responsible for the design and production of material, both print and on-line, to promote and document professional art exhibitions and programs.
The ideal candidate will have graduated from a post-secondary program in arts education, cultural management, arts administration, communications, or a related field of study. They must have a strong commitment to art and to the arts community. The candidate must be familiar with basic computer and word processing skills (MS office), and some familiarity with Creative Suite is an asset.
Other assets include familiarity with art exhibition, documentation, and the production of promotional material.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude about the contribution of the arts to the community; will have excellent organizational skills, and excellent oral and written community skills.
A criminal record check is required to work with children.
Retour à la recherche