- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Development Liaison
- Nom de l’organisme : Art Gallery of Alberta
- Lieu de l’emploi : Edmonton, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-16 à 2018-03-29 (23 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 24,00 $
About the Art Gallery of Alberta:
The Art Gallery of Alberta is a centre of excellence for the visual arts in Western Canada, connecting people, art and ideas. The AGA is focused on the development and presentation of original exhibitions of contemporary and historical art from Alberta, Canada and around the world. The AGA also offers a full-range of art education and public programs. Founded in 1924, the Art Gallery of Alberta maintains a collection of over 6,000 objects and is the oldest cultural institution in Alberta and the only museum in the province solely dedicated to the exhibition and preservation of art and visual culture. The AGA is a non-governmental, not-for-profit registered charitable organization.
About the Position: 23 week internship from October 16 2017 to March 29 2018.
The AGA is seeking a recent graduate of business, arts administration, library and information studies or museum studies program to assist with fundraising and volunteer initiatives as part of the Sponsor and Donor Engagement Team. Working closely with the Head of Sponsor and Donor Engagement, the intern will work to help generate revenue for the AGA playing a key role in the cultivation and stewardship of sponsors for exhibitions and public programs, as well as participate on the 2017 Annual Giving Campaign. The intern will also assist to build and develop the volunteer program. All applicants must be registered with Young Canada Works and meet all eligibility requirements for their Building Careers in Heritage Programme, and confirm eligibility in their cover letter.
Master’s level university degree preferably from business, arts administration, library and information studies or museum studies programme. Equivalencies will be considered.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly developed communication skills required to work with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Strong organizational and planning skills with an attention to detail
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Knowledge of managing groups or teams of people
Must maintain a high standard of professionalism and tact
Must be personable, dependable, and able to work as a team member
Experience with not-for profits and/or the arts sector is an asset
In order to meet YCW Building Careers in Heritage eligibility requirements, all candidates must demonstrate that they:
• are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
• are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
• are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
• are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program;
• have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
The Art Gallery of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer serving our diverse communities. Although we appreciate all applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to supply a current criminal records check and vulnerable sector police screening before work can commence.
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to the attention of Megan Bertagnolli, Head of Sponsor and Donor Engagement at email@example.com
Retour à la recherche