Museum Collections On-Line Accessibility Project Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Collections On-Line Accessibility Project Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : The Wells Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : wells, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-01 à 2018-03-31 (24 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
The Wells Historical Society requires an intern to assist with a large collections management project. Wells is located in the beautiful Cariboo region of British Columbia, 8 km from Barkerville Historic Town and 80 km east of Quesnel. The area is noted for its excellent outdoor recreation opportunities including cycling, hiking, and skiing and for its vibrant arts community. For more information on the community visit www.wells.ca and www.imarts.com.
The Wells Museum has an important collection of photographs, archival material, and artefacts dating to Wells’ heyday as a thriving mining community during the Great Depression. The project will increase public accessibility to its collections through the development of a new website and a new collections management database. The role of the intern will be to work with the project team on all aspects of this project including – research and writing historical information for the website, editing and fact checking existing material, assisting with data transfer to the new website, and cataloging of priority items in the new system. The nine month internship will provide the applicant with a good grounding in community museums.
The applicant must be 30 years or younger, have graduated from a post-secondary institution within the last 24 months, and be eligible to work in Canada.
The ideal candidate:
• Will possess excellent knowledge of word processing and good research and communication skills
• Is able to work independently, take initiative and accept responsibility
• Has an enthusiastic and positive attitude to new situations
• Is interested in a career in the museum field
• May have worked in a museum as a summer job
• Has an undergraduate or graduate degree in history, archaeology, anthropology, museum studies or related field
Applicants should apply via email sending a complete resume and references to Mandy Kilsby, Wells Historical Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retour à la recherche