Visitor Services Intern
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Visitor Services Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : PWNHC
- Lieu de l’emploi : Yellowknife, Territoires du Nord-Ouest
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-11-13 à 2018-03-30 (18 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 29,00 $
Visitor Services Intern is an junior museum interpretation position located at the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre in Yellowknife. The ideal candidate must be a Northern graduate, having been a resident of the NWT prior to and following completion of a post-secondary degree. See http://careers.hr.gov.nt.ca/sites/default/files/jd/14036.pdf for details about academic and residency eligibility requirements. Accommodations will be made to recognize special circumstances for candidates with disabilities.
The successful candidate should have completed a post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus on History, Natural History, Education,Indigenous Studies, Communications or related field.
The responsibilities of this position require:
• Knowledge and understanding of the cultures, heritage and natural history of the NWT
• Proficient research and writing skills
• Excellent public communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work in cross-cultural situations
• Skills in using computer word processing, computer graphics and database programs as well as social media
• Some physical and outdoor work will be required
The position runs with a pay range from $25.41 to $29.78/hour. Hiring will follow Affirmative Action policy of the Government of the NWT.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to www.gnwtjobs.ca. Specific questions can be addressed to:
Curator of Education and Public Programs | Conservateur des programmes scolaires et publics
Prince of Wales Heritage Centre | Centre du patrimoine septentrional Prince-de-Galles
Northwest Territories | Territoires du Nord-Ouest
Telephone | Téléphone : 867-767-9347 x 71245
Cell| Cellulaire : 867-446-1310
E-Mail | Courriel : Mike_Mitchell@gov.nt.ca
Retour à la recherche