Library Foundation Engagement Ambassador
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Library Foundation Engagement Ambassador
- Nom de l’organisme : Calgary Public Library Foundation
- Lieu de l’emploi : Calgary, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-09-18 à 2018-03-02 (24 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 17,50 $
The Calgary Public Library Foundation is entering the public phase of its $350 million Add In capital campaign, which supports the Calgary Public Library in providing essential programs and services to all Calgarians, including newcomers, families with young children, youth, and seniors. In 2016 the Calgary Public Library saw over 6 million visits to its 18 community libraries. With a wide range of events and activities planned for 2017/18, the Library Foundation is looking to engage a creative, dynamic intern with a background in marketing, communications, public relations and/or event management to act as an ambassador in the community and create excitement and awareness about the Calgary Public Library and the Add In campaign.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engage and educate the public about the work of the Calgary Public Library Foundation and Add In
- Represent the Calgary Public Library Foundation at events and street festivals across the city
- Talk with members of the public, build rapport with them and provide excellent customer service
- Provide logistics support in coordinating major events and activities in community libraries and across the city
- Oversee the inventory, marketing and promotion of librarystore.ca, the Library Foundation’s online social enterprise
- Host and engage members of the public at free Library Tours
- Intern will play an important role in educating the broader community (and particularly newcomers, youth, seniors, and young families) about the broad array of free programs and services available to them at the Calgary Public Library.
- Their efforts will also provide an important contribution to the overall work of the Foundation as part of the Add In campaign, by building public awareness of the opportunity to support the Library and create a legacy for future generations.
Ideal candidate will be an outgoing post-graduate in a field related to marketing, communications, public relations, design and/or event management. Basic computer skills are necessary, with preference given to graduates with experience using Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud. Social media and web administration is an asset, but not required. All individuals regardless of race, religion, gender or other are encouraged to apply, however the Library Foundation's main office is not wheel chair accessible which limits opportunities for applicants with mobility issues. Interviews will be in speed dating format which gives the applicants an opportunity to break-the-ice and meet the faces of the Foundation prior to work; final candidates will move on to a traditional interview process. YCW's eligiblity criteria will be stipulated in any promotional tools used for recruitment.
Deadline to Apply is November 10th, 2017.
Please apply by submitting resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.addin.ca for more information.
Retour à la recherche