Research & Communications Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Research & Communications Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery
- Lieu de l’emploi : Waterloo, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-23 à 2018-03-30 (22 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
The Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery is seeking a Research & Communications Assistant to help with aspects related to our 25th Anniversary celebrations. The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery will be celebrating its 25th anniversary throughout 2018 through a number of significant events and other programming. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing & Communications and Director of Development, the Research & Communications Assistant will be an important part of the conceptualization and realization of some of these activities. During their work term the successful candidate will work alongside Gallery staff and the 25th Anniversary Steering Committee to do research and collect data for various initiatives, including a database of many of the past Gallery supporters.
Specific tasks will include looking through Gallery archives to compile a list of individuals that will be invited to participate in the 25th Anniversary Weekend that will happen in June 2018. The candidate will also assist with the promotional and marketing materials related to the 25th Anniversary that will be developed and distributed to the general public. Throughout the internship, the Research & Communications Assistant will be a member of the 25th Anniversary Steering Committee.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a degree or diploma in arts management, marketing or a related field
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, and/or foreign national with a valid work permit
• Have use of a computer they can bring to the Gallery
• Have an understanding of not-for-profit arts organizations and an interest in contemporary art
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have excellent research skills
• Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Be familiar with social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office
Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter and résumé in a single pdf document to Katherine Ronzio, Manager of Marketing & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Gallery:
With an emphasis on supporting the work of Canadian ceramic and glass artists, the Canadian Clay & Glass Gallery presents exhibitions that challenge ideas and perceptions of the definitions of art, craft and design today. The Gallery’s public programs offer multiple pathways for engagement with contemporary artworks and art-making practices. The Gallery Shop is recognized on its own merits as a fine craft gallery, showing the best of Canadian ceramic and glass work. Housing a collection of historical and contemporary Canadian ceramic, glass and enamel art, the Gallery is proud to conserve and promote an active component of Canada’s rich cultural heritage.
Retour à la recherche