Curatorial and Programming Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Curatorial and Programming Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : St. Marys Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : St. Marys, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-23 à 2018-03-02 (18 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,39 $
Under the Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage Institutions program, the St. Marys Museum has an exciting opportunity for a recent post-secondary graduate. The successful candidate will work closely with the museum collection in areas of conservation and storage, digital records, research, exhibit and interpretation.
• The successful candidate will be a recent (within the past 24 months) post-secondary graduate in a field that requires strong research and writing skills and develops excellent verbal and written communication. These fields might include History, English, Museum Studies, Education and Communication.
• The candidate will be familiar with local history or be willing to learn.
• The candidate will have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications and experience working with digital images.
• The candidate will have the ability to work independently and as part of a team and will have excellent customer service skills.
• Eligible candidates for this program must be entitled to work in Canada and under 30 years of age.
The position is 18 weeks, 35 hours per week, beginning October 23, 2017 and ending March 3, 2018. Pay rate: $14.39/hour.
Applications may be delivered in person to the St. Marys Museum and Archives or to: Human Resources Department, Town of St. Marys, Box 998, St. Marys ON N4X 1B6 firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will include a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information for three references.
The Town of St. Marys and the St. Marys Museum are equal opportunity employers.
For Information contact: St. Marys Museum and Archives Telephone: 519-284-3556.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and will only be used for candidate selection.
Retour à la recherche