Community Arts Intern
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Community Arts Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Jumblies Theatre
- Lieu de l’emploi : Toronto, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-09-18 à 2018-02-16 (20 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
Position: Community Arts Intern
Supervision: The Community Arts Intern reports to the Jumblies Theatre Artistic and Managing Director
Start Date: October16, 2017
End Date: March 20, 2018
(with a two week hiatus, December 23, 2017 to January 5, 2018)
Jumblies is a Toronto-based organization working across the country on projects bringing together professional artists and diverse community members to make art about the places we share.
We are looking for candidates to fill this position with responsibilities related to our artistic programming, community outreach and company administration. The ideal candidate should thrive in our flexible work environment that encourages self-motivation and requires employees to manage their own time and tasks, with a mixture of structure and freedom, collaboration and independence.
This is a 20-week salaried position. The Intern will be paid $480 per week gross, representing an average of 30 hours per week at a $16.00 per hour rate. Jumblies will include 4% vacation pay in
each pay cheque, and deduct mandatory employment-related costs.
With direction from the Artistic Director and support from Jumblies and Jumblies Offshoot Artist/Mentors, the Community Arts Intern will:
- Supporting creative workshops in a variety of disciplines – set up, logistics, delivery and cleanup
- Creating a hospitable and welcoming environment for community participants in workshops, events and at other times.
- Production support roles for events and performances.
- Outreach to community participants including phoning/contacting participants and creating and distributing mailouts – hard copy and digital.
- Stats collection, data entry, tracking.
- Contact database management.
- Managing company calendars and schedules.
- Assisting with social media and publicity management.
- Office and inventory upkeep and organization.
- Assisting with financial tracking processes.
- Other administrative/programming tasks and assistance as necessary.
These are the first priorities of the job. In addition, this is a learning position and there will be opportunities and expectations for some self-directed and professional development activities.
- Due to funding requirements, this position must be filled by a recent graduate (up to 30 years old) from college or university within 24 months of the start of employment
- Interest in working in community-engaged arts, experience in working in this sector or other community engaged or artistic sectors is a major asset.
- Enthusiasm for working with members of the public of diverse backgrounds, ages and abilities.
- Strong skills in learning and adapting to new IT systems, including: excellent proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required, proficiency with database programs, Adobe Suite, Wordpress, graphic/web design skills an asset.
- Social media skills including facility with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Fluency in English - spoken and written - other languages an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Some flexibility regarding work hours and possible travel.
This position is for 30 hours per week and is based in CityPlace, Toronto. It is a term contract position for 20 weeks and is subject to eligibility criteria as determined by Young Canada Works. There is potential for ongoing employment at the end of the contract according to funding at that time.
Jumblies encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We’re committed to developing an inclusive workplace with connections in the communities we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our team. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our office is located in at street level with step-free access and is that has been equipped with automated entrances and exits, and our washroom is wheelchair accessible.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please email your resume with the subject “Community Arts Operations Assistant” to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Retour à la recherche