Digital Collection Intern
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Digital Collection Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : County of Brant Public Library Board
- Lieu de l’emploi : Paris, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-11-27 à 2018-03-16 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 20,00 $
Position is offered with the County of Brant Public Library. The County of Brant is comprised of small urban centres and rural communities with a strong agricultural history. Some properties have been owned by several generations of the same family. Family records and documents have been retained and treasured. Local history and genealogy is important to most residents. See www.brant.ca for details on the County of Brant, festivals, events and business opportunities.
The Digital Collections Intern will report to the Community Engagement Librarian, and will assist with the research and inventory of significant locations in the County of Brant.
Responsible for organization and scanning of various historical documents for inclusion in the Library’s digital local history collection, complete indexing of various historical documents, photography and mapping of locations.
The successful candidate will be an efficient, detail-oriented individual with strong research skills, knowledge of architectural styles, an interest in significant rural homes.
• 16 weeks
• November 13 2017 to March 16 2018
• $ 20 per hour
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
• Graduate of Master of Library Science, Museum Studies or general History Studies
• Able to work well with minimum supervision both alone and within a team.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and have use of a vehicle for daily travel in the County of Brant
• Good knowledge of archival and museum practices including indexing
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience with digital technologies
• Send a resume and cover letter by mail to Gay Kozak Selby, County of Brant Public Library 12 William St Paris ON N3L 1K7 or by email email@example.com
Posting closes October 20 2017
Retour à la recherche