Assistant Curator of Exhibits and Public Programming
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Assistant Curator of Exhibits and Public Programming
- Nom de l’organisme : Swift Current Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Swift Current, Saskatchewan
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-08-21 à 2018-03-30 (32 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 17,61 $
Assistant Curator of Exhibits and Public Programs
Swift Current Museum and the Saskatchewan Hockey Hall of Fame
The City of Swift Current is seeking an individual for the intern position of Assistant Curator of Exhibits and Public Programming for the Swift Current Museum and the Saskatchewan Hockey Hall of Fame. Reporting to the Director/Curator Assistant , you will develop and oversee education programs and lead or instruct classes when possible. You will implement guided tours of art exhibitions and interpretive hands on activity for community groups and school students of exhibitions in house and extension locations. You will assist with the development and implementation of visual and written communications materials for use in support of art exhibitions, education programming and interpretation services. In addition, greet and monitor or assist visitors to the gallery, assist with daily gallery operation duties , assist with exhibition and event preparations and clean up, in house and extension locations and for outreach services.
• Preference will be given to a candidate that has obtained a degree or diploma within the past 24 months in Museum Studies, Arts and Cultural Management, Cultural Education, Cultural Administration or other related museum or cultural field . The candidate should have strong communication skills in both spoken and written English language. Confidence and clarity in public speaking is needed. Experience in the interpretation of history and culture or assisting with cultural education programming an asset. Qualified Candidate will need an advanced understanding of Microsoft Word and Adobe software products. Additionally the successful candidate will be required to have
• A Criminal Record and a Vulnerable Sector Check is required and the successful candidate will be required to obtain a Youth Certified certificate before commencing with their duties as we are a Youth Certified Employer.
• Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English language. Confidence and clarity in public speaking is required; and
• A valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver's license is required for this position
Retour à la recherche