Media and Archives Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Media and Archives Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Western Front
- Lieu de l’emploi : Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-15 à 2018-02-05 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 20,00 $
Job Title: Media and Archives Assistant
Site: Western Front, 303 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Start Date: October 15, 2017
End Date: February 5, 2018
Wage: $20/hr, 30 hrs per week
The Media and Archives Assistant will complete tasks within two areas of programming at Western Front - Media Arts and the Archive. The objectives of this internship will be to support the media archive both in its internal working and in its public face. The intern will learn and implement the process for creating and maintaining archives records, processing digital materials, creating and managing digital rights and permissions, and connecting archive materials with the public. The focus of this internship will be an end-to-end support of the institution's archive under the supervision of our Archivist and Media Curator. The candidate will fill a key role to support growing and maintaining a public presence for the Media Archive, which contains over 1800 objects and is in active use by researchers and artists.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A recent college or university graduate (within 24 months) in arts administration, music, media, visual arts or library sciences at college or university.
- Familiarity with a MAC computers, including office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Reader).
- Experience with graphics software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and audio/film editing software (Audacity, Protools, Final Cut Pro) is an asset.
- Familiarity with social media outlets (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) is necessary.
- A demonstrated interest in contemporary art
- Ability to work well both independent, self-directed positions and in group situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-established research skills
- Interest in moving image and audio archives and preservation
- Must be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must have just been a full time student in the semester preceding this position
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Candidates are eligible if they are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- Candidates who are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time, cannot have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week**) while employed in this role
- Candidates cannot receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
- Candidates who previously participated in or been paid under Young Canada Works Internship any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy are not eligible.
Western Front is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage candidates who self-identify as Black, Indigenous and other POC who have an interest to apply. We actively seek participation from anyone in the Government of Canada’s job equity groups.
The deadline for this position is September 20, 2017.
To apply: Send a Cover Letter and a Resume to email@example.com.
Retour à la recherche