- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Collections Specialist
- Nom de l’organisme : Parksville Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Parksville, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-02 à 2018-03-30 (25 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,50 $
The Parksville & District Historical Society is seeking one energetic, conscientious individual to provide Collections Management assistance to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The project will entail the intern completing artifact cataloguing backlog, inventorying our exhibits, revising and writing a draft of our Collections Managment procedure manual, and providing recommendations for updating our Collections policy. All training will be provided. Prospective interns should have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable working both in a team and independently. Candidates who show a desire to pursue a career path in Heritage Resource Management will be given preference. Competency with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office would be beneficial.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good team player
- Skilled communicator
- Basic knowledge of Canadian and BC History
- Willingness to take on new tasks
- Ability to work independently when required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new computer programs
- Initiative to identify tasks that need doing
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
- Cataloging artifacts
- Maintaining museum collections database
- Inventorying artifacts and conducting condition reports.
- Photographing artifacts.
- Archival research
- Researching Collections Management procedure manuals.
- Researching Collections policies.
- Writing proposals and procedure manual drafts.
Terms of Employment: This position is funded by the Canadian Heritage Young Canada Works program and subject to hiring restrictions imposed by that program. The position is open to applicants that have completed their degree program in the last 24 months. Applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
Work Week: Monday to Friday. 30 hours per week.
Start Date: October 1, 2017, End Date: March 31, 2018
Salary: $15.50 per hour plus vacation pay.
Please submit a resume and covering letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Collections Specialist Position” and your name in the subject line, or by direct mail addressed to:
Parksville & District Historical Society
1245 E Island Highway
Parksville is a small vibrant city that is located on the east coast of Vancouver Island. The area is favoured by tourists and as a result, the area is exceptionally busy with family oriented activities and events throughout the summer months. These events include a nationally known sand-sculpting contest, ongoing artisans and street markets, and many more activities.
Retour à la recherche