- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Collections Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library Inc.
- Lieu de l’emploi : Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-11-06 à 2018-03-15 (19 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library seeks a motivated individual to work on various collections management tasks. Specifically, the intern will work to upgrade our current collections storage room with respect to space efficiency and collections care, work on a targeted acquisition project for the collection, work on a deaccession project to remove items from the collection that do not meet our mandate, research a new collections management software system, set up and test the photography space, and plan for future collections related tasks.
The intern may also be responsible for visitor services in the absence of the Curator.
- a post secondary graduate in museum studies, archival studies, history or a related field, Bachelor degree minimum, Masters level graduate preferred
- have demonstrated organizational skills
- have prior experience with museum collections management
- experience in museum setting an asset
- excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- interest in or experience with craft
- ability to work independently
- excellent computer skills, with database experience an asset
This project is funded through Young Canada Works. Any intern must meet the following criteria:
- a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada.
Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible
- legally entitled to work in Canada
- between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week**) while employed with YCW;
is an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
- a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
- not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
- have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
- The position will start on November 6, 2017 and ends on March 24, 2018 The wage is $16.00 per hour for a 30 hour week.
-All work will take place at 329 Cumberland Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 1T2
-Send resumes to Andrea Reichert, Curator, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 18, 2017.
Additional information can be obtained by calling (204) 487-6117.
The Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library is an equal opportunity employer and follows a Non-Discrimination Policy with regard to hiring and all other matters.
Retour à la recherche