Curator, Education and Cultural Action
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Curator, Education and Cultural Action
- Nom de l’organisme : Galerie d'art Foreman
- Lieu de l’emploi : Sherbrooke, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-02 à 2018-03-30 (24 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 22,00 $
The University is seeking a qualified and dynamic individual for a 6 months Casual contract as Internship – Young Canada Works at Building Careers in heritage. Reporting to the Director & Curator Foreman Art Gallery, the incumbent will contribute to the Gallery’s programming through its cultural mediation platform, The Community Art Lab. The selected candidate will be responsible for the conception, coordination, and animation of school programs, day camps (Summer and Spring Break), creative workshops, guided tours, and other innovative activities for various publics. The Curator, Education and Cultural Action will also contribute to the execution of the Community Art Lab participative exhibition. The Curator, Education and Cultural Action will also be involved in mentorship and may oversee special projects with students in the Education and/or Fine Arts Department at Bishop’s University.
Qualifications and Requirements
• BA in Fine Arts or equivalent, Master Degree an asset;
• One year experience in development of cultural activities for educational purposes and animation in an Art Gallery or Museum;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in English and French;
• Demonstrated teamwork, organizational and verbal skills is required;
• Ability to take initiative and work independently under minimum supervision;
• Ability to liaise with other university departments and services;
• Willingness to work outside regular office hours including weekends.
You are eligible to apply if you:
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• are between 16 and 30 years of age;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
• are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
• are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment.
Remuneration: 22$ per hour.
The working period for this internship will be from Mid-September 2017 to Mid-March 2018 for a total of 720 hours. The schedule will be 30 hours /week from Tuesday to Friday with a flexible schedule including night and weekend depending on the requirements.
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter mentioning the position title, by August 21, 2017 before 5 p.m. to: Gentiane Bélanger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; thank you for your interest. We implement an equal access employment / program under the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies for women, visible minorities, ethnic minority, Aboriginal and disabled people (including the possibility of accommodation during the selection and pre-selection of candidates)
Quebec National Day and Canada Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years day
Retour à la recherche