- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Administrative Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : New Forms Media Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Vancouver , Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-07-04 à 2017-12-22 (24 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
YCW Web Site Job Poster:
Organization: Hybridity Music
Location: 16 E 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1J4
Job Description: The Administrative Intern will work with staff members to assist in administrative activities, with special focus on grant writing duties. The Intern’s major tasks include researching, initiating, drafting grant applications for Hybridity’s upcoming projects, and improving the organization’s online profile/ presence by actively and constantly managing online contents on web and social media. The Intern will also be assigned with tasks ranging from strategic development, artist research, policy and agreement writing, writing and word processing a variety of correspondence, editing, proofing and filing grant applications and confidential documents (artist contracts, company financial etc).
- Strong knowledge of nonprofit and office administration
- Clear and diplomatic written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of BC nonprofit organizations, music businesses
- Interest in electronic music, media arts, performances etc.
- 1+ year of experience in grant writing
- Working knowledge of MS Word and MSExcel, email and web browsers
- Ability to work well both independent, self directed positions and in group situations.
- Ability to multitask and use good judgment in prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Ability to operate software programs
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Either a recent graduate or mature student from a postsecondary institution and have completed courses in related fields of study
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Orientation and training:
Orientation (introduction to Hybridity programming; office space; organization policies etc)
Mentorship (project planning, what it’s like to work with nonprofit organizations)
The intern will participate meetings and conferences
The intern will be provided with a constructive and engaging environment where a mentor will be available to guide and shape the intern’s goal of gaining experience within the arts and culture sector of Vancouver. With achievable tasks, strategies for learning and clear career objectives, the mentorship will allow the intern to be introduced to creative practices, the arts communities, and the value of sustainable project driven outcomes. In addition to gaining administration expertise, the intern will also benefit from the extensive professional network of staff members and project leaders provided by the organization. These contacts and references will undoubtedly open doors to future organizational and institutional opportunities in line with the intern’s career goals.
Hybridity’s method of supervision may include training new workers, supporting and mentoring interns, providing professional development, assigning and creating projects, making sure plans are being carried out effectively, providing support, assisting with projects or activities. The intern will be given general information about the organization, essential policies and mandates, as well as project guidelines in order to successfully fulfill tasks.
Hybridity will evaluate the intern’s performance based on quality of work, job knowledge, attitude, attendance and punctuality. Based on the listed criteria, we will serve as a reference to the intern for his or her future job search.
Mission & Mandate of the Host Organization:
Hybridity is an independent music label and management firm founded in 2011 that disseminates works of culture in the realms of performance, music and media art. By promoting Canadian artists in collaboration with the electronic arts community, Hybridity holds an important role in supporting and contributing to this art form at an international level.
Hybridity provides a platform for artists to gain recognition for their music and successfully reach their audience.
Hybridity’s mission is to create and disseminate hybrid interactive artworks focusing on the cross pollination of performance, music, art, and technology. We conceptually develop and look at new perspectives on how ideas cross and morph between forms to affect audiences.
Retour à la recherche