Intern Museum Coordinator
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Intern Museum Coordinator
- Nom de l’organisme : St. Andrews Heritage Center
- Lieu de l’emploi : St. Andrews, Manitoba
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-10-02 à 2018-03-31 (25 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
The St. Andrews Heritage Center is located inside the St. Andrews Rectory; a Parks Canada National Historic site at 374 River Road, St. Andrews, MB. The St. Andrews Heritage committee has been running a seasonal museum in the building for 4 years now. The goal of the committee is to showcase the history of the early Red River Settlers and the heritage of the St. Andrews community.
Duties to include:
- Key holder (opening and closing the museum)
- Program and event planning for off-season months (Oct-Mar)
- Creating community run programs, events and activities for families and children to attend each month
- Using current programming ideas and creating new programming
- Promoting and advertising all new programs and events to the community through local associations and media
- Assisting the volunteer committee to recruit new volunteers for various short-term positions
- Creating a database of material that can be used for future programs and events
- Working with the Gift Shop Manager to update, enhance and promote the store in the community through social media and website advertising and possibility of an on-line store
- Working with local historians to create historical scripts for programs and events hosted by the committee
The student applying for this position should be a great communicator and able to work on their own. Previous museum experience would be an asset, but not required as we are willing to train the right candidate. Students should have completed a post-secondary education degree and be looking for permanent employment within 2 years of having graduated. Students should be well versed and able to use a computer or the ability to learn (Word, Excel, Publisher, Word Press) and be able to use social media as a communication tool (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Students who have graduated with history, communication, marketing or tourism backgrounds would find this position very appealing and interesting. Being able to work in a small community and work with little on-site supervision is required. There is no public transportation to this site, so student must be able to get to work daily on their own.
For more information on the region, area and attractions, please visit the St. Andrews Heritage Center website at www.standrewsrectory.ca and other websites such as www.redrivernorthtourism.com, www.rmofstandrews.com and www.interlaketourism.com.
Candidates are to apply by submitting their resume and cover letter by September 5, 2017 to: Teresa Howell, Recreation Director RM of St. Andrews; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Retour à la recherche