Community Cultural Coordinator
- Program stream: Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages
- Job title: Community Cultural Coordinator
- Organization name: Yorkton Film Festival
- Job location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan
- Length of assignment: 2017-05-08 to 2017-08-18 (16 weeks)
- Hourly wage: $11.00
The Yorkton Film Festival is dedicated to fostering a greater appreciation of Saskatchewan and Canadian short film. Celebrating 70 years, established in 1947, the YFF recognizes the distinctive short film industry both during the festival and through ongoing year long programming.
The YFF mission statement is to provide a world-class forum to celebrate short film through recognition, presentation and education.
The YFF provides exposure and promotion of Saskatchewan and Canadian works to audiences throughout the province every year. It is a source for people to share in the wealth of creativity and cultural diversity that Canadian short film producers have to offer.
The YSF&VF is vital to the continuing promotion of Saskatchewan and Canadian film. The strength of the Festival is that it continues to evolve in meeting the needs and demands of the audience and industry:
• YFF provides programming throughout twelve months of the year.
• Local community support through the screening programs, community youth programs and workshops, mini cinema venue, film nights and celebrate Yorkton events.
• The YFF encourages cultural diversity in various areas, including the Aboriginal and Multicultural.
• Emerging Filmmaker and High School programming provides the opportunity to build upon the educational aspect of the Festival and year round programming.
The Festival is a valuable resource within our community, region and province. It provides a forum for social and artistic expression and encourages dialogue across a wide spectrum of ideas, perspectives and visions
• To engage and work with community groups and organizations.
• To engage and work with Aboriginal, First Nations and Metis groups and organizations
• To continue to grow opportunities for French speaking filmmakers and audiences to screen films
• To engage and work with learning institutions in the Yorkton area.
• To engage and work with volunteers for the YSFVF.
• To engage and work with small to medium businesses and events.
• To review and develop an innovative Partnership process.
• To develop and implement an electronic annual report process.
• To maintain and coordinate day to day office processes.
• To review and maintain the procedures manual.
• To review and research the history of the YSFVF.
• To develop the Golden Sheaf Awards DVD Tour.
• To develop research information
• To archive entries
• To assist with the planning, implementing festival activities
• To work with the board of directors and committees
• To develop school tours
• To develop and implement the Golden Sheaf Award DVD Tour
• To update the film library
• To complete the sponsor benefit packages
Skills, Abilities. Experience
• Ability to assess and prioritize work.
• Written and oral communication skills an asset.
• Good time management.
• Self motivated.
• Superior organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Simply Accounting, Power Point
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Number of hours to be worked per week, hourly wage and location of position
• 40 hours per week
• $11.00 per hour
• Godfrey Dean Cultural Centre – 49 Smith Street East, Yorkton
Back to search