Summer Collections Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Summer Collections Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : The Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Vancouver, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-07-24 à 2017-09-01 (6 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
Job Title: Summer Collections Assistant
Duration: 15 Weeks
Start and end dates: May 16, 2017 – August 25, 2017, Language of work: English
Salary: $16.00 plus 10% in lieu of benefits
Language: Fluent in written and spoken English.
The Vancouver Maritime Museum is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to create of an inventory of an archival fonds donated to the museum. Responsibilities will include the organization, rehousing and describing of a collection of personal papers and research, photographs, and artwork. The successful candidate will be organized, able to work independently and will have a passion for history.
• Removing the contents of the collection from its current boxes while maintaining original order and sort through the contents in each box and separate out any artifacts.
• Rehousing the records into archival boxes and folders
• Reporting to the Archivist and Curator on the progress and contents of the boxes
• Creating descriptions for each file
• Adding the file descriptions to the museum’s database (time permitting)
• Experience with museum and archival collections
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with museum/archive database systems
Apply with a cover letter and resume by April 24, 2017 by email to: email@example.com or by mail to: Curator, Vancouver Maritime Museum 1905 Ogden Ave Vancouver BC V6J 1A3.
The Vancouver Maritime Museum Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all individuals meeting the qualifications listed above to apply for this position. Please ensure that you qualify for the Young Canada Works program before you apply for this position. No phone inquiries please. Please note that only short listed candidates will be notified.
Retour à la recherche