- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Technology Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Camrose Public Library
- Lieu de l’emploi : Camrose, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-05 à 2018-03-31 (52 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 19,23 $
Technology Intern at Camrose Public Library, Camrose, Alberta
Beginning June 5, 2017 and ending June 1, 2018.
Wage: $19.23 per hour, 35 hours per week
This position reports directly to the Director. The major functions include:
• Promoting technology with youth and providing a creative outlet to express their interests in an open and accepting environment.
• Planning, developing and facilitating three programs a week and a monthly girls STEAM club.
• Planning and hosting a large community event that is designed for teens and their families.
This position requires an unemployed or underemployed university graduate, with an advanced proficiency in the English language, an intermediate level of computer skills including social media, experience working with children and knowledge of the inner workings of a public library. The candidate must demonstrate maturity, strong interpersonal relations, creative ability and enthusiasm for working on this project. Have knowledge of and the ability to set up and troubleshoot: hardware, Windows, Microsoft Office, social media, Skype, e-readers, Photoshop, 3D printer and software, digital cameras. A background in education, technology communications or library science would be an asset.
This position will be funded by the YCW Internship for Graduates. If we do not receive funding, we will not be able to hire for this position. YCW eligibility requirements include:
An individual may be eligible for an internship if they:
• are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
• are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
• are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
• are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program; and
• have not previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
Any person with the stated qualifications is welcome to apply for this position.
A panel consisting of the Director and Library Programmer will conduct interviews. The candidates selected for interviews will be asked questions by the entire panel. After all the interviews have been completed, the panel will meet to make the final decision. The top candidate will then be formally offered the position.
All applications must be submitted to the Camrose Public Library by no later than May 6, 2017. Applications will be accepted via mail at Camrose Public Library, 4710 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0R8 and via email at email@example.com.
The job posting will be placed in the local newspaper, on the Camrose Public Library’s website, on the Library’s social media channels, and with the local Job Bank.
Retour à la recherche