Library Assistant - Bookmobile
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Library Assistant - Bookmobile
- Nom de l’organisme : Strathcona County Library
- Lieu de l’emploi : Sherwood Park , Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-08-25 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 27,38 $
Job Posting Library Assistant – Bookmobile
Employment Term: This is a temporary full-time (35 hr/wk) position working under the supervision of the Bookmobile Services Specialist for a period of 16 weeks from May 8 to August 25, 2017. These positions involve day, evening and weekend shifts providing reference service, delivering preschool and school age programs, assuming collection maintenance duties and working on assigned projects. Hourly rate is $27.38 per hour paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Bookmobile Services Specialist
• Provide reference and reader’s advisory service for patrons of all ages by assisting patrons in their searches for information, using both print and electronic sources, instructing patrons in the use of specialized electronic and print resources, helping patrons choose materials to read, listen to or view, distributing Grade One Reading Kits; and registering children for summer programs.
• Assist with the planning and delivery of children’s programs.
• Provide assistance with updates and maintenance of Bookmobile Facebook page.
• Assist with processing and relabeling materials in the Bookmobile Services Dept.
• Completion of the first year of a related post-secondary degree or diploma program in Library and Information Science or Library Technology.
• Experience working with the public, preferably in a busy library setting is desirable.
• Complete of a children’s literature course and experience working with children are assets.
• Completion of a children’s literature course and experience working with children are assets.
• Available to work day, evening and weekend shifts.
Please note: Applicant must be a returning student in September 2017.
Please send resumes by email to:
Ms. Diana Balbar, Manager, Bookmobile Services
Strathcona County Library
401 Festival Lane
Sherwood Park AB T8A 5P7
Deadline: February 23, 2017 @ 9:00 am
Please Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retour à la recherche