Library Assistant - Adult Services, Strathcona County Library
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Library Assistant - Adult Services, Strathcona County Library
- Nom de l’organisme : Strathcona County Library
- Lieu de l’emploi : Sherwood Park , Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-08-25 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 27,38 $
Job Posting Seasonal Library Assistant – Adult Services, Strathcona County Library (2 Positions)
Employment Term: These are temporary full-time (35 hr/wk) positions working under the supervision of the Assistant Manager for Adult Services for a period of 16 weeks from May 8 to August 25, 2017. These positions involve day, evening and weekend shifts providing reference service, developing and delivering programs, assuming collection maintenance duties and working on assigned projects. Hourly rate is $27.38 per hour paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager:
• Provide reference and reader’s advisory service for patrons of all ages by assisting patrons in their searches for information, using both print and electronic sources, instructing patrons in the use of specialized electronic and print resources, helping patrons choose materials to read, listen to or view, and registering patrons for summer programs.
• Plan and deliver adult information literacy programs.
• Prepare and update book lists and other resources for staff and public use.
• Assist with the Library’s Annual Book Sale.
• Assist with processing, evaluation and merchandising of materials in the Adult Collection.
• Completion of the first year of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in Library and Information Science or Library Technology.
• Completion of a reference course is required.
• Experience working with the public, preferably in a busy library setting is desirable.
• Completion of a readers’ advisory course is an asset.
• Available to work day, evening and weekend shifts.
Please note: Applicant must be a student returning to their course of study in September 2017.
Please send resumes by email to:
Ms. Anna-Marie Klassen, Assistant Manager
Strathcona County Library
401 Festival Lane
Sherwood Park AB T8A 5P7
Deadline: February 23, 2017 @ 9:00 am
Please Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retour à la recherche